Nick Horton is a Director and co-founder of Filament, a digital performance agency specialising in sparking growth for B2B tech companies and vendor channel programs.
Over the last 20+ years, Nick has worked with diverse companies to build and expand marketing frameworks, deploy demand gen and lead gen programs, enter new markets, unlock support from tech vendors, and increase market share.
Tech companies and vendor channel programs I’ve supported include VMware, Microsoft, Dell, BlackBerry, HP Inc, and Veeam.
This has meant Nick is experienced in working with a variety of B2B tech company and channel partner types, including:
👉 Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)
👉 Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Value-Added Resellers (VARs) and System Integrators (SIs)
👉 Cloud-based service providers, including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS companies
👉 Cybersecurity and Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs)
👉 Edge infrastructure and IoT providers
👉 Virtualization and application deployment specialists
👉 Data centres, and
👉 Distributors and Aggregators.
Nick has achieved outstanding outcomes across multiple roles:
* Extensive experience creating environments for teams to thrive, achieve their goals and exceed targets.
* Instrumental in creating and executing successful strategies to drive growth, scale businesses or create new market opportunities.
* P&L, Line of Business, and country/regional responsibility over a number of roles, with an enviable record of achievement and value creation.
* A proven thought leader and customer champion inspired by data and insight.
* Commercially astute, with a track record of identifying channel, partnership and relationship opportunities to supercharge scale.
Key Skills and Expertise
* Stakeholder management and engagement
* Strategic thinking
* Experienced external communicator
* Leadership, coaching and mentoring
* Creative excellence
* Budget and expense management